Say Hello to our featured dancer Julia Carrano . She, along with some other dancers, had the opportunity to get her photo taken by Jonathan Givens at his signing event in Dancewear Corner a few months ago, but we wanted to get to know her a bit better.
1.What is your favorite dance class?
It’s hard to pick, but I would say that I’m really enjoying my jazz class this year.
2. What is your go-to style for leotards?
Classic but fashionable
3. If you could perform a duet with any dancer, who would it be and why?
Christopher Gattelli, because he’s an amazing dancer and has choreographed so many successful Broadway musicals; my favorite is Newsies. I also think it would be fun to dance with John Travolta as Danny Zuko, because Grease is my favorite movie and I love 50’s fashion!
4. What is something you want to work towards in 2018?
I’m really concentrating on my Acro tricks this year.
5. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
I would probably be choreographing combos, or snuggling with my pup.
6. What is your favorite piece of dance clothing that you own?
I LOVE my new Tiler Peck leo. It’s so pretty and comfortable!
7. What songs have you completely memorized?
Pretty much every Broadway musical soundtrack! Kinky Boots is my favorite.
8. Who is your go-to band or artist when you can’t decide on something to listen to?
Panic! At the Disco or Charlie Puth
I hope you all have enjoyed learning a bit more about Julia.